Monday 18 December 2017

Task 2 - Cave Creations in Maya 18.12.17

Cave Creations in Maya

The caves in Maya
For the caves, I made some simple planes and have them next to eachother. taking a bit of advice from a YouTube video, if the player does not see the edges then I do not need to make a fully modelled cave. This simple method will also make it easier for me to UV.

The UV layout

To ensure that the assets texture work well I have filled out the UV to cover the 0-1 space. It was a simple model so the UV was not too hard to do. But the large scale will ensure that the textures will be very detailed.

The lightmap

A lightmap has also been applied to the assets. Following the method from my environment assets I made sure they follow the same texture size and that they are at an 90 degree angle. That way I will avoid any lighting errors.

The cave in Unreal
With the assets in the engine, I need to make a hole in the terrain in order fro them to work. Again, I used a YouTube video in order to get this idea. At the current moment there are no texture present on the assets and in addition to this, there is a slight seam issue. This will be explained in another blog. One idea that I am thinking of is a seamless texture or some other advice texture that I have learned during my 80's cinema course.

No comments:

Post a Comment