Monday 15 January 2018

Task 4 - Colour Theory 15.1.18

Colour Theory

For my environment I wanted to use some cold colours (such as blues and cyan) to help bring out the sense of isolation in my game. In addition to this I also want to use different colour palette for the cave, to help break up the composition of my scene.

I used some references from Monster Hunter World and Mass Effect to help identify some examples the uses of colour. Each area that you go to, always use a different colour scheme and blends them together to help bring the best out of the landscape. The lights in these game also helped me to plan out the settings for the game.

Taking the light map into considerations, I made sure that both my assets and the modular assets use the correct texture size. I will be using 256 texture maps for the light map, but they don't have to be too high for this game. The UV layout will also be important, to avoid any light bleeds.

Even though I will be using the substance texture for this project, I will be doing some adjustments (such as the emissive) to allow to stand out more and to help them blend in with the scene. The assets will use the following materials

  • Crystal Trees and Bush 
    • Substance materials with emissive constant value set to 2
  • Rocks
    • Roughness: 1
  • Caves
    • Roughness: 1
  • Drone
    • Metallic: 1
    • Roughness: 0.50

No comments:

Post a Comment