Sunday 14 January 2018

Task 4 - Peer Feedback 14.1.18

Peer Feedback

I made sure that I got a good amount of feedback for my work. With the advice I can further improve my work and develop a storyboard I am happy with. I can also add more idea into the storyboard with the peer feedback I received. 

Some drawings feedback
One of the feedback I received from my storyboards is the posture and perspective of my drawings. My drawings skills are not up to par, but I tried my best to get them to the quality I want them. There are plenty of guides on YouTube on how to create a character following a one,two or three point perspective. Lighting and shadow also help because with those subtle details I can make a 3D image.

Feedback on story
Story also plays a important role in this feedback and with the in mind I explain my story to my peers. The feedback was good, but they wanted to see more arcs in the story. This meaning not following a linear path and this can be done via the use of QTE (quick time events). I do want to add these into my game, but I have to do it a way that makes sense. This is something that will require some research.




Questions From Peers

1. From the mood boards and the Unreal Scene what are you thoughts on the environment? Does it capture the idea I was after or do you think more assets/features need to be added?

Wayne - Yea it is indeed reminiscent of stylised crystal focused areas. I noticed this prior to seeing any of your mood boards but yeah it definitely holds it's own and works as intended. Good use of taking existing free materials (Sub Share) and tweaking them to your own needs. Well executed aesthetic overall for a blockout.

2/10 IGN not enough carborite ore.

Andrew - For a prototype, I think it does the job. I feel like it draws some inspiration from some of the crystal styled zones in World of Warcraft. I think it might be quite interesting, if it fits with the style, to have some hovering crystal shards kind of around the larger crystals. I think the crystal shapes should have more variety in the final version.

2. I wanted to make a scene that is cold and has a sense of isolation. Does the lighting give you that expression or do you think it needs more details.

Wayne - It does yeah, you could add some ice particles around crystal clusters to help sell the idea of radiating frozen crystals - would be a great touch but maybe focus on this for the FMP now.

Andrew - I think the lighting and colour does have a cold feeling to it. I think it would be more interesting to have more variety of tones within the colour scheme, as since it's all crystals, there would be a lot of light reflecting around and through the crystal structures, changing it's properties.

3.  Even though this is a prototype their are some textures added in the three scenes. Do you think the textures that have been applied blend well with the scene. Meaning doe the colour scene suits the environment?

Wayne - Yeah, following on from my previous answers visually it works well/blends well together. Lots of purple and blue hues which helps sell the cold theme.

Overall grade ACCEPTABLE FAIL

Andrew - Yeah, the crystal textures work pretty well and the environment colours are sufficiently alien to give a feeling that it's a strange unknown place.

No comments:

Post a Comment