Friday 10 November 2017

Task 1 - Environment Drawings 10.11.17

Environment Drawings

With the moodboard plan laid out, I decide to go into more detail with the environmental design by attending a museum. It is here that I will get some hands-on approach with the crystals by looking at their shape and colour design. I will also get some advice from the  staff their too will will help me further with my project. This kind of method is seen in the gaming industry a lot. The game Monster Hunter World for example went to real world locations so as Australia and Indonesia. 

The environment sketch plan

As you can see in the image above I have I have made some sketch plans of the models that I will amke and the layout I want them to be. The image text reads:

Crystal design:
  1. Crystals embedded into rocks to enhance environment. 
  2. Crystals will glow via material
  3. A particle effect will be applied to give them a more frozen feel
Crystal Layout and scene plan:
  1. Player character walks down this cave to find a object.
  2. The object will set the tone for the gameplay.
  3. Crystals pillars will have a symbolic appearance via the placement of the assets.
  4. Particle effects will also be added here to create the ambience.
Having these drawings will help to create the basic blockout of my Unreal Project. The crystals will play a key role in this game, so these drawings will help me to structure them in a way that both applies gameplay functionally and visual appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment