Monday 13 November 2017

Task 1 - Top Down Views of my Scene 13.11.17

Top Down Views of my Scene

The top-down views of my scenes
All three of my scenes will have their own objectives I will have to follow a certain path. To help me visualise this idea better, I made some top drawings. The arrow will indicate the path the character will take and I highlighted the place where the assets will be. I want them as close to the characters as possible, just so that the camera will be able to get those assets in the shot too. This scene will have some different sizes, but they should not be too hard. The only hard one will be the second one, because of the scale.

Each scene will have a certain number of assets. These are:


  • Crystal pillars - large with cold textures
  • Crystal bushes - small and follow the similar colour palette 
  • Cave walls - following a modular creation  
  • Crystal monster - acts as one of the aliens in the world
  • Drone - the machine the player will control
  • Character - the main player and the key part of the story
  • Rocks - acts as a atheistic element
Games such as Monster Hunter World always show of the environment in a way that is both visually appealing and  a way to draw the player to this world.  I will be doing the same to some assets:

Crystal trees and bushes - These will have a glowing effect to give them a sense of life.
Other crystal beings - I am planning on having some small creatures that will blow around with he wind.
Weather effects - there will be some element of decay in the world. I wanted this to be a way to drive the story.

Following these ideas I will able to make my scenes more surreal more importantly believable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment