Tuesday 14 November 2017

Task 1 - Museum Trip Reference Shots 11.11.17

Museum Trip Reference Shots

Museum Moodboard
Getting references from the internet is always a good way of acquiring some asset inspirations. But I want to find some images for myself and use them for some ideas. I decided to get the shots from the Liverpool World Museum because that is the best place to find some aquatic and geologically shots. My main focus point was on the underwater terrain and the minerals. These are the kind of models I want to have in my scenes, so getting to know their texture structure will be essential for me to create a more realistic world.

But I decided to take more then just these shots. Since this is a alien world I took some shots of hydroponics, so I can see how I can make some interesting writing and also how they are carved into the rocks. In addition to this I took some space-themed images too, to capture the sci-fi element of my game. Even though the game will be centred around the underwater and crystal environments, I still want to show some signs of life in this world. 

I got some great shots from the museum and they have really helped me to understand the ways rocks are textured and how the different environments change the way the rocks looks. Those underwater images allowed me to see how lights behaves, which will be very useful for the post-processing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment